Nissan is known for being successful from the very beginning; in 1969, the manufacturer released the Datsun 240z to widespread acclaim. This arguably provided the launchpad for Nissan to take off as a household name in the world of motoring. Built from the ground up, with their bare hands, every Nissan GT-R engine has been made by four men with the title of Takumi (‘Master Craftsman’). With such attention to detail going into each car, it’s only right that the warranty you choose for your Nissan is of the utmost quality and clarity.
Because you’re a Nissan owner, we understand there’s no skimping when it comes to selecting a warranty for your car. There’s a treasure-trove of benefits and coverage options waiting to be unlocked with us. Whether you’re buying used or you’ve owned your Nissan since day one, a warranty with MotorEasy is a sure-fire way to protect such a big investment.
Why Do I Need A Warranty For My Nissan?
Our warranties are designed to offer the best combination of cover and value, delivering many features that aren’t available with a Nissan manufacturer warranty. Our plans cover:
- Failures identified during MOTs and servicing
- Wear and tear – a feature not present in a standard Nissan manufacturer warranty
- Consequential damage as standard, meaning repairs or replacements are covered when directly impacted by a failure
- Failures caused by overheating
- Air conditioning problems
The Benefits of a Nissan Warranty
Having a MotorEasy warranty for your Nissan means you will also have access to benefits like:
- Our monitored repair process tracking workshop progress and ensuring work is completed to agreed standards
- We pay network garages directly, meaning you are never out of pocket
- Access to our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- Collection and delivery from your home or work
- 24/7 online booking
- Free online account area where you can create a digital logbook for your car, with access to useful reminder dates and a range of value-add discounts
MotorEasy provides warranties across the Nissan range and these benefits are available for warranties on all manufacturers. Enter your registration and mileage in our quote engine to choose a plan tailored to your Nissan’s age and condition. You can also opt for a Lite plan, designed to pay-out in the event that your car has broken down and needs roadside recovery.
Nissan Reliability: A MotorEasy Study
The MotorEasy Reliability Index measures the dependability of a car, as an average of the frequency and cost of repairs for over 1,200 models. It reveals some of the hidden costs of ownership, as well as the likelihood of something going wrong. Each model is given a reliability score ranging from -100 (red), for a high frequency and/or high cost of repair, through to +100 (green), where there is a low frequency and cost of repair.
The index also includes model-specific data on:
- The typical repairs needed for each model, including the percentage of claims for engine, gearbox, electrical system, suspension, braking system and fuel system repairs.
- The average cost for each of the above types of repairs
Select from the list below to view Nissan reliability index data:
How Do I Get a Nissan Warranty Quote With MotorEasy?
If you’re looking for a Nissan warranty to go with your new or used car, it’s certainly easy to get one with MotorEasy. All you need to get started is your vehicle’s registration number above; once you’ve entered this (plus some basic information about yourself), you’ll be presented with a free quote, so you can see with your own eyes that we are indeed an affordable and highly capable warranty provider.
Or if you’d much rather, we offer a freephone service for those needing information and/or advice on the warranty process. Simply call freephone 0800 131 0001 to speak to one of our highly trained members of staff.
Recent Repairs: Nissan
With a strong reputation for quality among the motoring community, it’s hardly surprising that you’d want a Nissan warranty that matches this manufacturer’s incredibly high standards! By understanding the most common reasons for failure in your Nissan, you’ll be better prepared to choose the right coverage with MotorEasy. Check out the guide below for frequent mechanical faults found in Nissan models:
- Qashqai+2: Of our most recent repair jobs across the Nissan range, we tend to do a lot of work on cylinder head gaskets. An expensive example of this was on a Qashqai+2, totalling £2,020.61. Luckily, the owner had a Nissan warranty with MotorEasy, meaning they didn’t have to worry about paying such a sizeable bill.
- Juke: Speaking of sizeable bills, we recently had to replace the gearbox in a Juke, which cost the owner ££2,418.59. With a Nissan warranty from MotorEasy, costs like these are no longer an issue, meaning all you need to concern yourself with is driving home as soon as we’ve fixed your pride and joy.
- X-Trail: We recently had two separate X-Trails come in for repairs to the dual-mass flywheel. The first totalled £1,032, but the second – which required a lot more work – amounted to £1,476.19. Remove the burden of unexpected repair costs and guarantee your peace of mind, with a comprehensive Nissan warranty from MotorEasy.
- Micra: Our most recent expensive repair across these models was on the chain, totalling £833.39. Fortunately, the owner's Nissan warranty with MotorEasy meant that they didn’t have to pay this hefty sum upfront.
- GT-R: We recently had to replace the gearbox in one of these cars. This totalled £3000, which you can't be expected to pay outright. Ensure your peace of mind with a comprehensive Nissan warranty from MotorEasy that covers unexpected repair costs.